Cover Supervisor - Bishopton PRU
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 06/07/2020 12:00
£19,320.34 - £20,502.17 per annum
Hours per week:
Schools - Support
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Interview Date: Week commencing 13/07/2020
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is a good school which educates and supports the children of Stockton-on-Tees Local Authority. Bishopton received a grade of good, by Ofsted, in June 2017 and has also recently achieved the IQM Centre of Excellence and SMSC Gold standard award. These awards reflect our passion for being an inclusive school. We are now on an exciting journey to be an outstanding school, with a clear strategic vision for moving forward. We have high academic aspirations for every student and also focus on addressing their social, emotional and mental health needs. At the heart of all we do, is a belief that relationships (with students, staff, parents/carers and other agencies) matter.
Are you someone who can help shape our future? Do you believe in educating the 'whole' child and ensuring all of their needs are met? Have you got the belief that every child can achieve? If so, you may be the person for this role.
Bishopton are looking to recruit an innovative and inspiring Cover Supervisor, with experience of effectively managing and engaging children with challenging behaviour and ensuring good progress. You will be expected to be able to plan, implement and deliver a personalised curriculum for KS3 and KS4 pupils in a range of subjects including Maths, English and PSHE.
The successful candidate will:
- Have successful teaching experience with pupils with a wide range of SEND.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of planning and delivering a personalised curriculum.
- Monitor, track and assess pupil progress to improving the quality of learning through the use of data and personal growth through the knowledge of pupil's developmental needs.
- Be a consistently good/outstanding practitioner
- Be committed, flexible and able to motivate students of all abilities.
- Be passionate about developing the whole child.
- Be up to date with curriculum developments.
- Be excited by the opportunities presented by different learning methodologies and new technologies.
- Have the ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment in subject area.
- Demonstrate creative teaching skills and a professional approach.
- Have high expectations of pupils.
- Have the determination to raise pupil achievement.
- To undertake the professional duties outlined above by having regard to national standards.
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children.
If you wish to discuss the position or find out more about working in a PRU, please contact Mrs Carr (Headteacher) for an informal chat. An application pack can be obtained from Claire Fletcher via email; email@example.com
Due to the current COVID19 restrictions all visits will take place after 1.30pm on 02/07/2020 when children are no longer on site. Please contact the school office on 01642 566369 to arrange a visit. If you visit we would ask you to follow social distancing rules.
For further information please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Completed applications to be returned to the school by 12 noon on the closing date.
Marsh House Avenue, Billingham,
Stockton-On-Tees, TS23 3HB
Tel: (01642) 566369
Head Teacher: Emily Carr Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.bishoptoncentre.org.uk
This job is closed for applications.