P115646 - Education Support Service Manager
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£55,585 - £58,670/£62,158
Education Support Service Manager
Education, Schools and Inclusion are a highly regarded and successful service within Gateshead Council. We have an excellent working partnership with schools and academies in Gateshead and outside of the Borough. The service is highly experienced, welcoming & supportive and covers a wide range of teams including School Improvement, Educational Psychology, Music, Virtual School, School Sport Partnership, SEND and many more.
We are seeking to recruit a new, permanent Education Support Service Manager to join our team. You will be highly dynamic, resilient, motivated and inspirational individual who can continue the exceptional work of the outgoing postholder.
• Have excellent knowledge of the key issues and challenges in education today especially with regards to safeguarding
• Have knowledge of processes including School admissions, Pupil Placement Panel and Fair Access Panel
• Have knowledge of Home Elective Education and Alternative Education
• Have knowledge of Safeguarding Children Partnerships
• Have recent successful experience of leading a team of professionals
• Have experience of managing, setting & monitoring budgets
• Have experience of producing high quality reports for a varied audience including other professionals
• Have a proven record of being able to manage a number of areas simultaneously
• Be able to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
• Have experience of effective multi-agency working
• Be able to work independently, and also as part of a team
• Have a degree or equivalent
• Have excellent communication and presentation skills
• Be able to show initiative and be flexible in order to be effective
• Have good knowledge and practical use of information and communication technology
• Have the ability to develop effective partnerships and networks
• Be a self-starter with the resilience and ability to plan individual programmes of work and achieve positive outcomes who can also work well as part of a team
• Be able to work outside of normal office hours
• Have access to a car with current valid driving licence and appropriate insurance or means to mobility support
In return we offer:
• Partnership working within a forward-thinking school community
• The opportunity to work within a friendly, open, highly experienced service
• The chance to develop new work programmes
• A wide range of professional development opportunities tailored to suit you
For an informal discussion or to find out more about the post please contact Steve Horne, Service Director of Education, Schools & Inclusion on 0191 433 8697 (please note due to annual leave, contact will need to made before Friday 7th August).
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Sunday 23rd August.
Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 2nd September.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 15th or Wednesday 16th September.