Teaching Assistant (SEN) Level 3 - Hipsburn Primary School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/08/2020 12:00
£14,755 - £15,971
Schools - Support
Hipsburn Primary School
The Governing body of this small but extremely successful, proactive Primary School, set in rural Northumberland, seeks to appoint a highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our team from 1st September 2020 to 31st August 2021. The successful applicant will work under the guidance of the class teacher to address the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning.
Governors seek an individual who will;
- work in such a way as to promote the ethos and vision of the school.
- provide support for pupils with special educational needs
- is able to use specialist skills, training, or experience to support pupils learning
- within an agreed system of supervision, plan challenging teaching and learning objectives and evaluate and adjust learning plans as appropriate.
- help pupils access learning activities through specialist support.
- support the teacher in the management of pupil behaviour.
- actively promote inclusive practice within the classroom setting to ensure acceptance of all children.
- assist with the management of pupils outside the classroom e.g. lunch times and outside the school e.g. school trips as directed by the class teacher and member of the school’s management.
- NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent.
This post is a fixed term appointment of 32.5 hours per week over 5 days from September 2020 to the end of August 2021
Closing date for applications is noon on 3rd August 2020.
Interviews will take place on 28th August 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced criminal records check is required for this post.
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
School Name: Hipsburn Primary School
Full address: Lesbury, Alnwick, Northumberland
Postcode: NE66 3PX
Website address: www.hipsburn.northumberland.sch.uk
This job is closed for applications.