Teaching Assistants - Various Locations within the Trust
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Actual salary shown within the advert
Schools - Support
Sunderland, Easington and Stockton
Together we build brighter futures for our young people with special educational needs.
The Ascent Academies’ Trust was founded in 2012 and is a family of four special academies in the North East of England, over three different local authorities. We are a collaborative group of academies who work closely with one another in order to achieve the best outcomes for our young people. As a result, our academies have improved year on year and all academies are currently at least Good from an Ofsted rating, with some individual areas rated Outstanding. This is an exciting time to join our Trust as we look to set out our next steps in creating brilliant schools.
We are an ethical Trust whose vision and values are aligned to equality and diversity, collaboration and lifelong learning.
We are recruiting to the following positions:
Teaching Assistants – Grade D, PT5 – PT6
Hours/ weeks: 37hours/wk, 39 weeks (TTO + 1 week)
Salary: Grade D £15885 - £16203
Contract term: Temporary or supply (Job share may be considered)
Location: Barbara Priestman, Hope Wood and Portland Academy
Teaching Assistants – Grade D, PT5 – PT6
Hours/ weeks: 32.5hours/wk, 39 weeks (TTO + 1 week)
Salary: Grade D £13953 - £14232
Contract term: Temporary or supply
Location: Ash Trees Academy
What we need:
• A commitment to and a passion for building a brighter future for young people with Special Educational Needs
• Someone who will embrace being part of a family of schools, sharing good practice and collaborating with others across a Trust.
• An enthusiastic and positive approach within the classroom part of the wider school and family of schools
• Commitment to own professional development and to enhance those of others in order that we can respond to the needs of our young people
• Consistently high expectations and aspirations for our young people and yourself
• A commitment to fresh and exciting methods to assist the delivery of the curriculum
• A relentless drive to secure the best possible outcomes for all young people in our academies
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Complete commitment to the core values of Ascent
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to work with highly-skilled professionals who love what they do
• Chance to work with our amazing young people and their families
• Excellent career development and progression opportunities
• Comprehensive induction programme
• Opportunity to work across all ages and abilities within the Trust
• Opportunity to work in settings which value multi-disciplinary ways of working
• Access to a range of subject and SEND specific networks, regionally and nationally
• An exciting and extensive commitment to high quality professional development, identified through a strong appraisal process
• A comprehensive wellbeing and support package for staff
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference within a positive and exciting environment. If you share our community’s ethos of diversity and collaboration, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
For further information about these posts please contact Adele Pearson, Head of Academy by email firstname.lastname@example.org
A recruitment webinar will take place on Thursday 23rd July, 5-5:30pm. During the webinar you will hear about vacancies across our family of schools and how to apply for posts.
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
To apply for this post please click on apply now and use/create your NE Jobs account.
Interview: Friday 11th September 2020
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people with Special Needs and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.