DBS634/20 Headteacher - Percy Main Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£57,986.00 - £67,183.00 pa (L15 - L21)
Schools - Teaching
Percy Main Primary School, Nelson Terrace, Percy Main, North Shields, NE29 6JA
Percy Main Primary School
Required for January 2021
The Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding leader for this vibrant primary school, and whilst still facing some challenges, the successful person, can continue to move the school forward.
Our school currently has in place an interim Senior leadership team, following our previous head teacher being successfully appointed in another post outside of the area.
Our Governing Body are looking for a skilled and special individual who can continue to build on the work that has already supported the incredible transformation so far undertaken in our school and continue to move our school forward.
Our new head will be:
• An outstanding primary practitioner with a track record of professional and inspirational leadership and management, leading to high quality education by effectively managing teaching and learning
• Able to build on the vision, leadership and direction for the further development of the school
• Accountable for their own actions and the actions of their staff
• Able to work on their own initiative whilst balancing the needs of building a consistent staff team.
• Skilled in monitoring and evaluating standards of attainment, learning and teaching and able to create clear and imaginative action plans to ensure that all children reach their highest potential
• Able to lead a culture that promotes excellence, equality and high expectations of all staff and pupils.
• An effective communicator with staff, parents/carer’s and the wider community
We can offer you:
• Enthusiastic and eager pupils
• Committed parents and good links with the local community
• A supportive environment for a leader with passion and drive to steer the school towards outstanding teaching and learning
• Strong partnerships with local schools
• A staff team who are forward looking and keen to develop the best opportunities for children
We are looking for an individual who is ambitious, successful and able to demonstrate impact on school improvement. It is important that the vision and enthusiasm that has been created and recently developed within our culture continues to be built upon and embedded further.
Applications would be welcomed from current Headteacher’s or leaders who are seeking an opportunity for career progression.
Visits are warmly welcomed and are scheduled for Wednesday 9th September at 11am and will follow the necessary school rules around COVID-19. Please contact our Business Manager Beth Brown on 0191 406 7113 to confirm if you would like to visit the school and please note that Beth will be booking these when she returns from the school holiday which is the 2nd of September.
Percy Main Primary School Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. As such an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant employment checks deemed appropriate.
Application forms are attached to this advert and are available for download. Completed applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will receive an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
Closing date: midday Thursday 10th September 2020
Shortlisting: Monday 14th September 2020
Interview dates: Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th September 2020