Head of Digital Delivery.Z216
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 09/08/2020 23:59
£60,253 - £63,540
Northumberland County Council operates a huge range of services across one of the largest counties in the UK. Local Government’s ongoing challenges and the diversity of our residents means we have to work smarter. That’s why we want bold, creative and agile thinkers who can help us move forward and innovate.
For further information about working for Northumberland County Council, please click here: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/working
The Council’s IT / Digital department are responsible for providing the digital tools, technologies and connectivity to our staff and residents. There are 125 people in our team; we help roll out fast broadband to the county, we develop in-house digital solutions to fulfil the needs of our customers, we provide support to our colleagues with using internal and external software systems, we keep our data and systems safe and secure, we build and maintain robust infrastructure on-premise and in the cloud to host our software.
Our vision is to build services for our customers that meet their needs, that are accessible and that are surprisingly simple. We want it to be as easy as possible for people to interact with the council digitally.
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Digital Delivery. We need a strong leader that is experienced in leading the delivery of user-centred digital services.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- To build and support a strong delivery team, capable of delivering at pace
-To help implement lean / agile practices within the department and wider organisation to deliver value to all of our customers, early and often.
- To work across the organisation and help prioritise the portfolio of digital initiatives to deliver the best outcomes for our users, early and often
- Provide agile leadership to a multi-disciplinary agile team, helping to embed agile principles and practices across the wider organisation and build and nurture the relationships with senior stakeholders
- To lead the development of the portfolio roadmap and ongoing portfolio management activity, ensuring that this supports effective delivery of the Council’s business and digital strategies.
- To provide appropriate assurance, governance and reporting on all digital delivery.
- To take responsibility for identifying strategic opportunities to reduce costs, manage strategic cost pressures for the Delivery teams and develop options for future change to improve value for money / manage cost pressures.
For full details, please refer to the attached job description and person specification
We are offering:
- A starting salary of £60,253
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of staff benefits including a competitive annual leave provision
- Flexible working arrangements
- To be part of an exciting strategy to transform the council
- Experience in leading delivery in a similar environment
- Experience in programme and project management
- Experience of digital delivery
- Experience of managing supplier relationships
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Chris Thompson on 07929 836 724 for an informal discussion.
For guidance on completing your application and for information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see the attached notes.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please email email@example.com.
This job is closed for applications.