Teaching Assistant (2 posts)
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 03/08/2020 11:59
Band 3 (£10,794 - £13,212 pro-rata, dependant on hours)
Schools - Support
Hexham St Joseph's
The Governors and Executive Head Teacher of these successful schools are seeking two highly motivated, passionate and caring Teaching Assistants to join our dedicated, highly professional staff team. St Mary’s RC First School is federated with St Joseph’s RC Middle School, there is one Governing Body and an Executive Headteacher responsible for both schools. The posts will be based at St Joseph’s RC Middle School although flexibility is required to be able to work between both schools if staffing requirements occur.
We will offer:
- Supportive Governors and parents, polite, well-mannered children and committed, energetic and imaginative work colleagues;
- Opportunities for Continuing Professional Development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
The successful applicant will:
- Be part of a welcoming and supportive team of staff, parents and governors;
- Gain the opportunity to join this good school with a culture of continuous improvement;
- Have high expectations for self, pupils and others;
- Have opportunities to access continuous professional development;
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to relate well to children and adults;
- Have a commitment to working within a team
We are looking for someone who will:
- Contribute to the effective implementation of individual programmes by supporting the teaching and learning experiences, which enhance the learning and development of young people
- Help to create and maintain a purposeful and orderly learning environment in line with lesson planning as provided by the supervising teacher
- Contribute to the development of care and learning plans and contribute to the preparation of reports and update daily records and logs
- Maintain a professional relationship while developing a good rapport with young people
- Be familiar with age related expectations of students, the main teaching methods and assessment framework in the relevant subjects, as well as establishing professional, productive working relationships with students
- Deliver intervention programmes to individuals and small groups, implement and support the review of Individual Education, Behaviour, Personal Care Plans and /or EHCPs
- Cover break and lunch times when required
Further information about the school can be found on our school websites. An application pack, including an application form, job description and further details may be obtained from the school website: www.hexhamstjosephs.uk
If you would like to speak to someone regarding this vacancy please contact Alison Mellor, Federation Senior Admin Manager by email at, email@example.com
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by post or by e-mail, no later than midday on Monday 3rd August. Interviews will be held soon after.
This job is closed for applications.