Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 07/08/2020 23:59
Commercial Sales Manager
Foundation of Light, the registered charity of Sunderland Football Club aims to make learning and self-development fun by using the power of football. Already working with over 42,000 participants every year and employing over 180 staff, the Foundation is looking to add to its premier team.
The Foundation have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate, creative and accomplished Commercial Sales Manager to join during a period of significant development as we continue to drive the Beacon of Light’s potential, allowing us to re-invest into our communities through the Foundation of Light.
Based at the award-winning Beacon of Light in Sunderland, the successful candidate will drive commercial revenue and build new business by identifying new and selling existing commercial and sponsorship designations.
You will have experience of working in a target driven environment and the hunger to exceed targets.
Strong communication and relationship building skills, a great track record of achieving targets and the ability to create opportunities that deliver upon business needs are a must. We are looking for somebody who demonstrates a strong drive and creative commercial vision who is excited by a fast-paced environment.
About the role
Your key accountabilities will include:
• Identify and deliver new commercial opportunities for agreed products and partnerships by generating lead targets, making the relevant approaches to the target organisation and ultimately concluding the sale
• Actively seek out new sales opportunities through cold calling, networking, direct targeting and via business related social media
• Understanding client needs and creating bespoke partnership proposals that incorporate multiple assets that deliver upon them
• Be aware of all opportunities within the organisation to ensure the ability to cross sell products and identify key areas of interest for the prospect
• Identify possible new products by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
• Provide monthly sales reports against targets
• Work with the marketing and communications team to produce relevant sales material and identify marketing opportunities to support the sales function
Your skills and experience will include:
• Strong communication skills across all levels
• Ability to demonstrate personal resilience to achieve great results
• Highly self-motivated and confident
• Able to demonstrate financial awareness and a profitable mind-set, continuously thinking of creative ways to drive sales, manage costs and add value
• You will have a strong attention to detail in terms of diary management and following up within agreed timeframes
• You will have a passion for customer service, have a process orientated approach and be professional and well-presented
• You must have previous sales experience and a proven track record of delivering upon targets
• Flexibility towards work and hours
• You will have a valid UK Driving Licence
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or to Gemma Snaith; Beacon of Light, Stadium Park, Sunderland, SR5 1SN by Friday, 7th August 2020
Appointments may be subject to an enhanced DBS Check · Foundation of Light is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job is closed for applications.