Business Centre Assistant
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/08/2020 12:00
£ 18,795.00 - £ 19,171.00 (pro rata per annum)
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Redcar Leisure & Community Heart/South Tees Business Centre/ Palace Hub
“This is Redcar and Cleveland. We are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.”
This post is based at the centre of the council in the Resources Directorate which has key responsibility for managing the council’s money and people, as well as ensuring that democratic decisions are well informed and legally sound.
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified or experienced person to join the Assets Management Team and be part of the Business Centre Team. The successful candidate will undertake clerical duties associated with facility requirements and the reception functions of the Business Centres.
Business Centre Assistants are important members of the Business Centre Team and are expected to be sufficiently flexible to assist with the efficient management of the Business Centres, including covering for other members of staff when and where required.
• To ensure that the services delivered by the Business Centre Team are responsive to the needs of the service, are effective and efficient in operation and are provided in accordance with the Customer Excellence Model.
• To assist with the operation of the office filing systems, logging and tracking of property repairs and maintenance issues ensuring works are completed within timescale.
• To assist with the collation of information for the collection of direct debits, application for references and the keeping of files on clients businesses
• To take bookings of meeting rooms/car parking spaces.
• To keep, complete and provide accurate data input and administrative records for all Business Centres
• To provide cover and assistance in other areas of the service as may be necessary from time to time to take account of staff absence and peaks and troughs in work programmes.
The successful applicant will work 20 hours per week across our 3 Business Centres on a rotation basis.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic person with a proven track record of administrative and organisational skills. He / She will have excellent written and oral communication skills and have the ability to develop good working relationships both internally and externally with others in order to achieve service delivery targets.
The council holds ambassador status for the North East Better Health at Work Award.
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
For further information contact Mrs Guiliana Egholm, Estates Manager tel: (01642) 444505 / 444100.
This job is closed for applications.