Health and Safety Officer - Fire Safety
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 28/08/2020 12:00
31,371.00 - 32,878.00
Hours per week:
Health and Safety
Redcar & Cleveland House
Redcar and Cleveland are an ambitious council keen to build on our strong track record of innovation and partnership working, ensuring that we create a flourishing future for the borough and all of its residents. Key to this is a committed workforce who always gives their best. Offering a fast paced, progressive working environment, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a great career move.
This post is based at the centre of the council in the Resources Directorate which has key responsibility for managing the council’s money and people as well as ensuring that democratic decisions are well informed and legally sound.
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the effective and efficient control of fire strategies within the council. Working under the direction of the Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of fire safety to ensure full and continued compliance with relevant legislation and policies.
As the successful candidate, your main responsibilities will include:
• Assisting the Health and Safety Manager in the delivery of activities and initiatives designed to improve fire safety management throughout the council.
• Developing and delivering a range of fire safety training across all services throughout the council.
• Embedding Fire Safety Management throughout the organisation, identifying key areas of risk, writing, reviewing and implementing fire risk assessments, developing and implementing policy.
• Auditing council owned and occupied premises in relation to fire safety to determine levels of compliance and advising on remedial actions.
• Developing, implementing and managing a schedule of inspections to determine the integrity of existing passive fire safety features and advising on remedial actions as necessary.
The successful candidate will have worked within a similar role previously and will be able to demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience of the current fire safety legislation and its application. You will hold both the NEBOSH general and NEBOSH Fire Safety certificate, a recognised fire risk assessment qualification and ideally hold membership of a recognised fire safety/health and safety professional body. e.g. IFSM, IFE, IOSH.
As the post sits within the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Team, the successful candidate will support the provision of a corporate health, safety and wellbeing service by completing allocated tasks from the Health and Safety Workplan
We offer very attractive terms and conditions of employment, including generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working hours (where appropriate), membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and access to numerous other salary sacrifice schemes and staff benefits/discounts, including a lease car scheme.
For an informal discussion please contact John Summer, Health and Safety Manager on 01642 444064
This job is closed for applications.