3928 Neighbourhood and Income Support Officer
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 30/08/2020 23:59
£31,371 - £34,788 pa
Any location within North Tyneside
North Tyneside Council Housing is offering an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, professional and enthusiastic individual to join its Housing Operations team as Neighbourhood and Income Support Officer, reporting to the Welfare and Tenancy Support Manager.
This is an exciting new role that will work with Managers across the Neighbourhood Housing service to ensure the timely provision of performance reports, data intelligence and knowledge management. The information you will provide will ensure our Managers and Team Leaders have the tools they need to effectively manage and monitor their teams.
We want to hear from you if you can:
• Develop our understanding of the needs of our tenants by producing and interpreting data, analysing the results using statistical techniques and providing regular reports
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate, identify and correct code problems
• Keep up to date with relevant legislation and guidance on housing related benefits.
• Assist the Housing Service Manager to develop and monitor key performance indicators in relation to rental income and debt management
• Develop partnerships with key agencies which facilitate the delivery of financial support and good practice.
• Analyse the impact of the policy changes on our tenants, develop new initiatives to support tenants and provide training to staff on new ways of working to minimise the impact.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing a small team taking full responsibility for the achievement of the best possible performance and the most efficient use of resources within that team.
Ideally, you will have experience of the use of statistical software packages and be able to use them to produce reports. You will have the technical expertise required to develop and understand data models, database design solutions and to produce reports on the findings. This will require experience of working with reporting packages such as Business Objects and others
You will obviously possess strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would find interesting and challenging, and you are up for that challenge we look forward to hearing from you.
For an informal discussion about this opportunity please contact Toby Hartigan-Brown, Housing Services Manager on 07807002 937 (Toby.Hartigan-Brown@northtyneside.gov.uk )
North Tyneside Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In addition, staff and volunteers are expected to familiarise themselves with all relevant policies, procedures and guidance in relation to safeguarding children and safe practice with vulnerable adults. Within North Tyneside, safeguarding is everybody’s business.
This job is closed for applications.