DBS3993 Social Worker - Fostering Service.
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/09/2020 23:59
£27,741 - £35,745 pa pro rata plus a market supplement of £2000 pa pro rata payable up to 31/03/2021
Social Care - Children Service
Any location within North Tyneside
This is an opportunity to join an Outstanding Local authority with a continued drive for improvements. We currently have two vacancies in our Fostering Service. Our new strategy places us in an excellent position to lead the way on both foster carer and kinship carer support. We are seeking Social Workers who have the relevant enthusiasm and experience, to assess, train and support new and existing carers.
This post is 26 hours per week, fixed term until the 28 February 2021.
You will have a social work qualification (SW Degree or equivalent) and be registered with the HCPC.
You will have the relevant experience and be able to demonstrate your experience in working with children and families. Successful applicants will be encouraged to make a positive contribution to the development of the Fostering Service in North Tyneside and to work within our Signs of Safety practice model.
The successful candidate will also participate in the out of hours telephone support (via a rota) to foster carers and the Local Authorities Emergency Duty Team for out of hour placement requests.
You will be appointed to LG Grade 8 or 9 depending on your qualifications and experience.
LG Grade 8 - £27,741 - £31,346 pa
LG Grade 9 - £32,234 - £35,745 pa
All posts are subject to a market supplement of £2000 pro rota payable up to 31/03/2021
We also offer competitive employee benefits including:
• Cycle to work scheme
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Sick pay - Up to six months’ sick pay on full salary subject to service
• Up to 28 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays (Employees can request to purchase additional annual leave via a salary sacrifice scheme)
• Flexible Working Scheme
• On-going and developing programme of Health and Wellbeing initiatives (eg. work-based yoga and pilates classes, healthy eating options)
• Discounted membership of fitness and wellbeing centres (a saving of £117.00 per year) including 5 gyms; 4 pools; 2 spas and over 250 classes every week
• Maternity/Adoption leave – Up to 52 weeks’ leave of absence, with pay for a specified period dependent upon length of service and personal choice.
• Maternity support/adoption leave – Up to 5 days’ paid leave as a partner/carer at the time of the birth or adoption
• Paternity leave – Up to two consecutive weeks leave after the birth of the child
• The ‘Benefits Plus’ Scheme enabling salary sacrifice for Car Leasing; Additional Holidays, personal Training and Development, public transport season tickets
• Credit Union Savings Scheme
Please contact Jill Dixon/ Carly Brownlee Team Managers Fostering Service 01916432540 for further information.
This job is closed for applications.