Resolution Support Assistant
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 17/09/2020 12:00
Resolution Support Assistant
Grade D, point 6, £19,171 (actual salary £17,062)
(Additional role of School Staff Instructor (SSI) – Combined Cadet Force)
Opportunity to claim up to 51 Training days at £73.33 per day (Post holder claims directly from MOD)
37 hours per week, term time only plus 2 weeks
Start: October 2020
At Acklam Grange we pride ourselves on being a truly comprehensive and inclusive school; a big school with a big heart, our priority is our students’ achievement, empowering every child to exceed expectations and be the best that they can be. Our commitment to further developing an in-house alternative provision demonstrates our commitment and endeavour to providing suitable educational experiences for all our students.
Acklam Grange is proud to be one of the first schools in the area to provide an alternative, bespoke and personalised option choice for students who may find traditional classroom learning challenging. Resolution students are very much a part of our school and we aim to ensure that all gain a valuable suite of qualifications to take forward into further education or employment. The course is run from a dedicated off-site building which provides a more purposeful space for the nature of the activities undertaken.
In November 2017 Acklam Grange School established an Army section of the Combined Cadet Force (CCF) to provide compliment the opportunities available to our students. AGS CCF offers our students a broad range of challenging, exciting, adventurous and educational activities. Our aim is to enable the development of personal responsibility, leadership and self-discipline.
Acklam Grange School and Linthorpe Community Primary School converted to academies on 01 July 2018 and are co-founders of The Legacy Learning Trust multi academy trust, with a shared vision:
Placing learners and learning at the heart of all that we do
Acklam Grange School is a large, 11 – 16 urban, multi-cultural secondary school (NOR 1446) with first class facilities in new campus-style BSF buildings. We place the students at the heart of all that we do.
We gained Teaching School status in 2017 to provide high quality training, development and support to new and experienced school staff.
We place the students at the heart of all that we do. We offer you:
• A school ranked in the top 20% of in the country for student progress for five years running.
• A school with a broad and balanced curriculum where all subjects are valued and students are taught through pathways.
• National Award winner for ’Outstanding Secondary School Progress 2018’ by the Education Business Awards.
• The top performing school overall in Middlesbrough for five years running and ranked one of the top 5 in the Real Schools’ Guide of Teesside state secondary schools for 3 years.
• Consistently outstanding GCSE results across all subjects for 3 years running, with 27 subjects performing above national.
• 76% of students achieved a standard pass (9-4) in English and Maths and 50% achieved a strong pass (9-5) for 2020.
• A nationally recognised, bespoke professional development programme – AGS Inspire.
• A comprehensive, inclusive, family working environment firmly rooted in our local community.
• A commitment to both academic and pastoral success with SMSC as a driving force and strength.
• Staff well-being package supported by a serving NHS practitioner which is nationally recognised.
• SSAT Award winners for 6 years running.
To apply please visit www.agsrecruit.com. Please refer to the supporting documentation, and complete the application form.
Please return it electronically to email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 17 September 2020 12 noon
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This job is closed for applications.