Temporary Electoral Canvassers
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/09/2020 23:59
Democratic Services/ Registrars
Various across Northumberland
Northumberland County Council, Electoral Service is looking to recruit Temporary Canvassers (for 4 weeks, from 19th October 2020 till the 15th November 2020) who are committed to providing an efficient, effective and customer focused service to the residents of Northumberland.
We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic and flexible individuals, to assist the Electoral Registration Officer with the annual canvass. You will be required to maximise residents' responses by visiting households in your allocated area at a suitable time, to encourage completion of the Canvass Form following current Covid -19 government guidelines.
The role requires excellent communication skills; both oral and written, and the ability to work alone in outdoor conditions.
We are offering:
- An hourly rate of £9.00 (In addition annual leave pay will be accrued for hours worked)
- You will be paid the NJC mileage for all mileage incurred
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (or other pension scheme)
- PPE will be provided
- You will be allocated a specific area, ideally local to your home address
- An informal web based discussion will take place week commencing 5th October, further information will be provided to successful applicants
- Please see the job description and person specification attached for more details.
The closing date for applications will be 18th September at midnight.
For further information about this vacancy, please contact Nicola Milne or Stephanie Chipperfield firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01670 624811 for an informal discussion.
For information about our Equality and Diversity principles, please see attached notes.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to attend an interview please email email@example.com
This job is closed for applications.