LEVEL 2 TEACHING ASSISTANT
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/09/2020 12:00
NJC point 5, £11,708 approx. salary (Based on T.T.O.)
Schools - Support
Tel: 01642 273006
Fax: 01642 273011
Principal: Mrs Delyth Linacre
Level 2 Teaching Assistant – Infant Assessment Class / High Needs Base
Rec/KS1 High Needs Base – 1 to 1 Support for Child
Term Time Only
NJC point 5 £11,708.00 Approx Salary (based on T.T.O.)
Hours: 27 ½ Hrs
Contractual Status: One Year Fixed Term to commence as soon as possible until 31st July 2021
The Academy is looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced TA to provide 1 to 1 support for a child within our Reception / KS1 High Needs Base with additional learning needs.
We offer a lively, inclusive learning environment where every child is valued and ‘given the chance to shine’.
The successful candidate must have:
• Good standards of English and verbal communication skills.
• Experience of supporting the teaching and learning of early Maths and English skills within a school setting.
• The ability to work under direction of class teachers and higher level teaching assistants.
• Experience of working with individuals or small groups on directed tasks from the teacher.
• Experience of monitoring behaviour and working in line with ECHP's / SEND Support Plans.
• Knowledge of phonics and the teaching of letters and sounds.
• Ability and experience of keeping pupil records / notes and feeding back to the class teacher.
• The ability to work as part of a whole school team.
• Initiative and the ability to work flexibly and be adaptable.
• Ability to motivate and engage children in learning.
• Commitment to their own professional learning and engaging in training.
• A friendly and dynamic working environment.
• Excellent CPD opportunities.
• An atmosphere where the sharing of good practice and skills are encouraged – everyone is a ‘learner’.
• High expectations of pupil behaviour and pupil progress.
• Enthusiastic children!
The successful applicant must be reliable and adaptable, have positive attitudes and be able to engage actively in a wide range of activities. The successful candidate will need to show good levels of initiative.
Easterside Academy is a caring and supportive school, where we celebrate the achievement of all our pupils and strive towards continuous improvement. Our school ethos is one of commitment to the education of the whole child, fostering parental and community engagement and nurturing a sense of belonging.
The successful candidate will join a team of teaching assistants committed to raising standards and providing quality support to the teaching and learning agenda.
Easterside Academy is committed to the professional development of all staff.
Closing date: 23rd September 2020 at 12 noon.
Short Listing: 25th September.
Interviews: 7th October 2020
Application packs are available from the school
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or phone: 01642 273006 to have an application e-mailed over to you.
Alternatively you can call into the school in person to collect a pack.
Easterside Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
This job is closed for applications.