Early Years Practitioner - Houghton Community Nursery School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/09/2020 16:00
£18,795 - £19,171
Schools - Support
Houghton Community Nursery School
SCHOOL: Federation of Houghton Community Nursery School and Mill Hill Nursery School
Address: Nesham Place, Houghton-le- Spring. DH5 8AE
Tel: (0191) 5846655
Headteacher: Mrs Sarah Dixon- Jones
Number on Roll: 90
Position: Early Years Practitioner
Full time AYR Fixed term 31/8/21- Reference for application Oct 20
Salary: Grade 2
Required: October 2020
The Governors and Head Teacher wish to appoint an experienced Level 3 Early Years Practitioner with a thorough understanding of child development, to work as part of the schools team working with children 0-5yrs and continue to develop and build on effective practice. An enthusiasm for working with children, a caring nature and willingness to ‘go the extra mile’ are essential for this post.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Be an outstanding and reflective practitioner with high expectations for all children
• Be qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 with experience of working in Early Years.
• Be proficient in supporting the delivery of all aspects of teaching and learning.
• Be a team player and be able to work independently.
• Be an effective communicator, who is willing to participate fully in whole school life
• Demonstrate an excellent level of working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and a good understanding of effective principles of child development and learning processes
• Be committed to raising standards and attainment for all children in a stimulating learning environment.
Application packs and further information will be available by Email from the Office Manager, Kay Bowman, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed forms should be returned to school.
Closing date: Friday 18/9/20
Shortlisting: Monday 21/9/20
Interviews: Friday 25/9/20
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Houghton Community Nursery School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
This job is closed for applications.