Enhanced Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/09/2020 12:00
£19,554 - £21,589 pro rata
Schools - Support
Stanley Crook Primary School
Enhanced Teaching Assistant required from 28th September (Maternity Cover – Temporary until July 2021 or until the return of the substantive post holder)
Salary: SCP 18-22 £19554 - £21589
The Governing Body seek to appoint an outstanding Teaching Assistant to work within our Reception/ Year 1 Team Donaldson.
The successful candidate will need to be highly focused, open to working as part of a team, be able to lead teaching and learning within an Early Years setting and demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the Early Years curriculum. They will be willing to play a full part in the wider life of our school as well as build on the high standards we expect for our children.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Deputy Headteacher/ EYFS Lead and an experienced and established Team to provide an outstanding level of education provision to pupils in Team Donaldson.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required
We are seeking a candidate who will:
• be an outstanding EYFS practitioner;
• demonstrate a good knowledge of the Year 1 curriculum;
• be highly motivated and enthusiastic with high expectations;
• be a caring practitioner who always has the needs of our pupils at the heart of everything they do;
• be committed to helping all our children achieve their very best through high expectations and exciting/challenging provision;
• be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills;
• show an understanding of and impact of mastery within the curriculum;
• be keen to take a full and active part in all aspects of school life;
• be able to bring expertise, vision and creativity to the curriculum;
• be committed to developing and sustaining excellent relationships with pupils, staff, parents, governors and members of the wider community;
• be organised and have excellent communication skills.
We can offer:
• a positive caring ethos based upon the values of our school;
• a committed and supportive environment where you will be encouraged to develop your professional career;
• a happy environment with outstanding children and a committed staff team;
• excellent relationships with parents, the wider community and Governing Body.
Our Mission: ‘To try our best, to tell the truth, to look after each other and our community’.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
In the current circumstances, visits to the school cannot be permitted. However, additional information on the role can be obtained by emailing Mr. David Christie, Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org and/ or visiting the school website www.stanleycrook.durham.sch.uk
This post is not open to job share.
Closing date: Friday 18th September 2020 at 12:00noon
Shortlisting: Monday 21st September 2020
Interview date: To be held virtually via MS Teams on Thursday 24th September 2020
Stanley Crook Primary School
Tel: 01388 762858
This job is closed for applications.