Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Grade 6 (SCP 22-25) £26,317 - £28,785
Manual / Trades / Transport
Port of Sunderland
Owned by Sunderland City Council, the Port of Sunderland offers both marine and shore side services across a range of market sectors which includes: bulk; project/unitised cargo handling; ship repair and marine engineering; North Sea oil and gas industry support and offshore renewable energy and subsea engineering.
As part of the Port’s continuing development, we are now seeking to strengthen the Ports engineering team by recruiting a qualified electrician to actively support the team by carrying out electrical works throughout the port estate.
Primarily the successful candidate will carry out the following duties:
To carry out electrical repairs to various items of Port infrastructure, machinery and equipment ensuring compliance with and in accordance with all current relevant codes of practice and legislation.
· Diagnose and repair electrical problems in commercial and domestic electrical systems, including fault-finding, rewiring, and monitoring of lighting, heating, and alarms systems.
· Conduct routine maintenance and testing on commercial and domestic electrical systems, and ensure installations are to manufacturer standards, including fire alarms and security systems.
· Ensure good quality workmanship, compliant with all relevant building codes, and safety requirements.
· Install all electrical systems to 18th edition wiring regulations, including installing heating and lighting systems.
· Provide professional assessments and advice for supervisors and managers.
· Possess working knowledge of IEE regulations. City & Guilds 2360 and 2382 qualifications, and inspection and testing certificate (2391).
As part of Sunderland City Council as well as the salary outlined above, the post holder will be eligible for membership of the local government pension scheme as well as a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per year, rising to 30 days per year once 5 years continuous service is reached
For an informal discussion please contact the Assistant Engineering Manager (Premises) Kevin Buck on 07733 307078
Applications should be made on-line at northeastjobs.org.uk/sunderlandcitycouncil. For further assistance contact the Org Man & Resourcing Team by Telephone: 0191 561 1755 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that CV’s are not acceptable.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered online with North East Jobs, including your invitation to any online assessment you are required to undertake and your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notifications as you may not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk mail items.
Please be advised if you have not heard from us in six weeks after the closing date please assume you have not been shortlisted.