Administrative Assistant - Grangetown Primary School
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/09/2020 12:00
• Grade 2, Point 5
Schools - Support
Grangetown Primary School
REQUIRED FOR OCTOBER 2020 – ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – MATERNITY COVER
We would like to appoint an Administrative Assistant to join our busy, friendly and vibrant primary school. We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated and caring person who:
• Has excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Is flexible, efficient and can work calmly and accurately in a busy office environment.
• Relates well to parents, pupils, visitors and colleagues.
• Has good basic ICT skills (e.g. MS Office, internet).
Further details about this post:
• Maternity cover - October 2020 until July 2021.
• Grade 2, Point 5, term time only, 32 hours per week (£19,312– pro rata to hours worked and term time only).
Duties are all linked to providing effective clerical and administrative support for the school, for example: assisting with the collection of monies for trips, dinners etc, maintaining records & office systems, tasks related to pupil attendance data, answering the telephone, data input, filing, photocopying, sorting mail, liaising with parents and various agencies, sometimes acting as receptionist, and word processing.
This is a maternity cover role, to commence Monday 12th October 2020 (or as soon as possible after that, allowing time for notice period if need, DBS, etc), until 2nd July 2021.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by arrangement with the school. Please contact our Office on 0191 814 9820to arrange this.
Application forms and further details are available from the North East Jobs website. They can also be collected from school, or we can email or send them to you. Contact our Admin team on 0191 814 9820 for further details.
Grangetown Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS check in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
• Closing date: Thursday 24th September, 12 noon.
• Short listing: Thursday afternoon - 24th September
• Interviews: Wednesday 30th September.
Headteacher: Mr Les McAnaney
Grangetown Primary School, Spelterworks Road, Grangetown
Sunderland, SR2 8PX, Tel 0191 814 9820
This job is closed for applications.