Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant
Term-time only (Permanent)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/09/2020 12:00
Schools - Support
St Joseph's RC Primary School Blackhall
Lunchtime Supervisory Assistant Required as Soon as Possible
Grade 1 £18,065 pro rata
The Head Teacher and Governors of St Joseph’s RC Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and highly motivated Lunchtime Supervisor to join the hard-working staff of this school. We are looking for someone who can develop good relationships with children in our friendly and caring school.
The successful candidate will have successful experience of working in a team.
The Post Requires:
• Supervision of children outdoors
• Organising and implementing outside games and activities to encourage enjoyment at lunchtime.
• Setting and maintaining high standards of behaviour
• Responding to the different needs and interests of children.
• Organising activities for wet playtimes.
• Working closely with lunchtime colleagues.
• Good communication skills with pupils and other school staff.
Essential Experiences and Qualities:
• Experience of caring for/working with young people.
• A positive attitude towards children.
• Ability to follow guidance and work within a team.
• Willingness to learn and undertake further training.
• Self-motivated, reliable and hardworking.
St Joseph’s is a school where Christian Values underpin all interactions and out mission statement is central to our school. We are a school that values respect, friendship, excellence and care in all we do and say.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
This post is not open to job share.
This position is paid whole time with retainer adjustments applied to periods of school closure. You will not be required to work during the school closure periods however your salary in these periods will be adjusted accordingly in line with the retainer regulations as specified in the National Joint Council (NJC) Green Book agreement.
Application forms are available to download from this webpage or by contacting Mrs Johnston at St Joseph’s School.
Completed forms should be returned to the school by the closing date.
Closing date: Thursday 24th September 2020 12 noon
Interview date: Week Commencing 28th September 2020
St Joseph’s RC Primary School
Tel: 0191 5864308
This job is closed for applications.