Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£28,785 - £32,029 per annum (Pay award pending)
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Regeneration/ Economic Development
North East Local Enterprise Partnership
1 year fixed term
The North East Local Enterprise Partnership (North East LEP) works to make the North East a place where more businesses invest, grow and prosper, delivering more and better jobs for everyone.
We are responsible for delivering the North East Strategic Economic Plan, to influence and shape the continued economic growth of the area.
Covering the local authority areas of Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside and Sunderland, we are governed by a business led with its board including representatives from private businesses, higher and further education and the leaders and elected mayor of the seven local authority areas.
The North of Tyne Combined Authority provides a robust and accountable structure for the area and provides the accountable body arrangements for the North East Local Enterprise Partnership.
We are seeking to recruit a LEP Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Skills team as an Analyst.
The post holder will work with the skills team to develop the North East Local Skills Report for March 2021 which will include baseline data and evidence around skills demand and supply, current and future requirements, investment priorities and impact of the Covid-19 on workforce and employment patterns.
They will update the baseline analysis of the North East skills and labour markets, to inform the work of the Skills Advisory Panel (SAP); and the ‘People’ element of any future strategic documents produced by the North East LEP.
A key part of the role will be to identify and recommend, based on good practice, systems and approaches to make LMI available across education providers, employers, individuals and careers guidance professionals.
We will expect the successful candidate to:
Work with skills colleagues to produce outputs which :-
• articulate of medium to long term skills needs for employers
• can be incorporated into curricula for schools, FE and HE providers and to work to support their application to practice
• take into account and respond to rapid changes in labour market
• can be readily accessed and used by employers, education providers, parents / carers and young people to inform work and study choices to further position the North East LEP as a key provider of careers information.
You will work with policy leads, analysts and other key partners across the North East LEP and Central Government to provide analysis and recommendations on the local skills system to feed into the local skills strategy. You will also help colleges, universities, local training providers and employers to improve their understanding of the local skills system and make better decisions on skills provision and requirements.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
• Gain experience of working with and presenting information to the North East Skills Advisory Panel (SAP) and other partners including local employers and education providers
• Influence local level decision-making
• Network and exchange knowledge and best practice with a country-wide community of Skills Advisory Panels’ analysts
• Expand your analytical skillset and exchange with Central Government analysts and data experts
• Develop expertise of the local skills system/labour market and of local, regional and national labour market/skills policy and initiatives
• Interact with a range of users and use their insights to further develop the evidence base on local skills issues and wider labour market challenges.
Interviews to be held between 2 October and 9 October 2020.
To apply please click on the apply now button and complete the online application form.