Analyst (COVID-19 Recovery)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/09/2020 23:59
£28,672 - £31,346 Annually
Hours per week:
37 hours per week
Fixed term until 31/03/2022
This post will increase the capacity within the existing Strategy and Performance team to support the on-going data and intelligence required for a robust COVID-19 response. The post-holder will be responsible for analysing and interpreting complex and sensitive information from a range of local and national sources to inform action and support strategic decision-making.
The successful candidate will have:
- experience of working with health and socio economic information sources
- excellent analytical, numerical and reasoning skills
- meticulous attention to detail
- the ability to work under their own initiative to solve problems, interpret data and draw out key findings
- the ability to work under pressure to meet challenging deadlines
- a flexible and positive approach to work
- strong knowledge and experience of Excel to analyse large datasets (proficiency in Power BI and GIS would also be an advantage)
In this varied and unique role, you will obtain, analyse, interpret, and present information relating to COVID-19. Your input will be invaluable into the process of understanding data, determining priorities for action, assisting a wider understanding of the characteristics of the local population impacted and actively disseminating the findings of a wide range of analysis, as well as identifying, investigating and resolving problems with data quality.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’d like to hear from you. Please ensure your application demonstrates how you would be successful in this role by outlining how you would meet each of the essential criteria outlined within the Person Specification.
For detailed information on this role, please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
For a further informal discussion, please contact Natasha Telfer, Strategy and Performance Manager, via email Natasha.Telfer@darlington.gov.uk.
An online application form and further information are available from www.darlington.gov.uk/jobs. Alternatively, you can contact Xentrall Recruitment Services, Tel: (01642) 526992 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This job is closed for applications.