Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 18/09/2020 09:00
Grade 3 (Scale pt. 4-6) £18,932 - £19,698 (£11,383 - £11,484 actual)
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
24HPW OVER 3 DAYS 8am – 4.30pm (TERM TIME ONLY + 12 DAYS)
SALARY: Grade 3 (Scale pt. 4-6) £18,932 - £19,698 (£11,383 - £11,484 actual)
St Leonard’s Catholic School and the Directors of Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust invite applications from an enthusiastic, self-confident and flexible person for the post of Administrative Assistant to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent ICT skills, experience of using Microsoft Office
• Experience of Schools Information Management Systems (SIMS) would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be provided
The successful candidate will be a motivated, well organised person who can work under demanding conditions and will be able to deliver a consistently high standard of work. To be responsible for general administrative tasks.
We can offer:
• Taking Christ as the model for life, St Leonard’s Catholic School endeavours to pursue excellence in all and for all and is committed to the professional development of all staff.
• A high performing Catholic school in the middle of the historic cathedral city of Durham that has a clear mission and strong tradition dating back to 1936.
• A vibrant, well run, ambitious and caring 11-18 school of 1391 bright and enthusiastic students.
• A Sixth Form of c. 220 students.
• A school where staff enjoy coming to work and are able to maintain a work-life balance.
• A professional climate where all staff are valued, listened to and who are able to fully use our gifts and talents.
• An excellent behaviour climate where staff can teach free from disruption.
We are passionate about our school and want to fill it with staff who share the same passion, values and drive. In light of the current national situation, we would like to offer to arrange a telephone conversation. We would be delighted to discuss any questions you may have about this role and our school. Please contact the Headteacher’s P.A.: Mrs Elizabeth Turnbull: ETurnbull@st-leonards.durham.sch.uk
CES application form and further details are available from:
St. Leonard’s Catholic School, North, End, Durham DH1 4NG (Telephone: 0191 3848575)
Details are also available on the school website: www.st-leonards.durham.sch.uk
Closing date for the receipt of applications is – Friday 18th September 2020 at 9 a.m.
Shortlisting to take place on Monday 20th September 2020
Interviews to take place virtually on Friday 25th September 2020
Completed forms to be posted to the above address or emailed to: Recruitment@st-leonards.durham.sch.uk
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced D.B.S. check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
This post is not open to job share.
This job is closed for applications.