Deputy Headteacher - Grange Park Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£47,707 - £52,643
Schools - Teaching
Grange Park Primary School
Together for Children Sunderland, on behalf of:
SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL
Grange Park Primary School
Tel: 0191 549 0707
Headteacher: Mrs Francesca Cowan
Applications are invited for the position of
Required: January 2021
ISR Group 3, Salary L7 – L11: £47,707 – £52,643
‘Putting children first’
Due to the promotion of the previous Deputy Headteacher we are looking to appoint an inspirational, innovative and motivated leader, who will continue to take the school forward with vision and passion.
Governors are looking to appoint someone who will:
• support the Headteacher in formulating the aims and objectives of the school and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved;
• proactively manages staff and resources;
• take full responsibility for the school in the absence of the Headteacher;
• carry out the professional duties of a teacher;
• develop teaching and learning; ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential;
• take responsibility for safeguarding duties/issues as appropriate;
• promote a happy, safe, inclusive learning environment and uphold our high standard of behaviour;
• engage effectively, communicate well and build upon positive relationships with children, staff, families, the wider community and outside agencies.
In return we can offer you:
• an opportunity for personal and professional development in a leadership role;
• pupils who are articulate, proud of their achievements and eager to learn;
• a dedicated, talented and experienced team of caring staff;
• very positive relationships with parents, governors and the wider community.
Closing date: Monday 5th October 2020 at 2pm
Shortlisting: Thursday 8th October 2020
Interviews: Thursday 15th October 2020. On the 13th or 14th of October there will be a requirement to observe teaching practice. How this will be conducted will be arranged at the time dependent on coronavirus restrictions in place.
A tour of the school, led by the Headteacher, is warmly welcomed by appointment only on 24th and 25th September 2020, call the school office to agree a time. The visit will be after school hours due to coronavirus restrictions.
Application packs are available to download from NE Jobs or by contacting the school office at Grange Park Primary School (0191 549 0707) email@example.com
Please return completed applications to:
The Governing Board of Grange Park Primary School and Sunderland City Council are:
Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and the Headteacher must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard them. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced check for Regulated Activity from the Disclosure and Barring Service.