Teaching Assistant for SEND support
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£7,871 (Band 3 NJC SCP 5 to 6, £16,180 FTE)
Schools - Support
Ponteland, Newcastle upon Tyne
The Governors and Headteacher of Darras Hall Primary School would like to appoint a suitably experienced Teaching Assistant to join our school. This is an opportunity to become part of our school community, supporting pupils with specific needs.
Are you someone who:
• work under the direction of the class teacher and SENDCo to deliver provide support and guidance to a specified child on a 1-1 basis in and out of the classroom setting;
• work with professionals in and outside of the school team, to play a key role in providing a bespoke curriculum on a 1:1 basis
• be part of a welcoming and supportive team of staff, parents and Governors;
• gain the opportunity to join a school with a culture of continuous improvement;
• have high expectations for self, pupils and others;
• have excellent communication skills;
• have a commitment to working within a team;
• have experience of supporting children with significant additional needs
• be a positive role model for all of our pupils and uphold our school values
We can offer:
• The chance to join a supportive and forward-thinking learning community.
• A hard-working team dedicated to raising standards.
• Incredibly enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated children.
• Opportunities for professional development.
This school is strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Certificate of Disclosure from the DBS and a range of other recruitment checks.
Closing date for applications: Monday 28th September, at 9.00am, interviews as soon as possible thereafter.
Visit the school website or contact the Business Manager, Mr D. Clay via firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or further information.
Return completed application form and supporting documents to the School Business Manager:
Mr D. Clay either by post, by hand or by e-mail to: email@example.com