KS2 Class Teacher - South Street Community Primary School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/09/2020 12:00
Temporary linked to Maternity Leave MPS 1 - UPS 3 £24,373 - £40,490 per annum
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
South Street Community Primary School
The Head Teacher and Governors of South Street Primary School wish to appoint an exemplary class teacher to cover maternity leave in Key Stage 2 (Year 6).
We are looking for a committed practitioner who demonstrates consistently high expectations in all aspects of their work, are well organised, knowledgeable and skilful in ensuring all children make excellent progress and overcome any barriers to learning. Our school ethos very much supports each and every child in all aspects of their development, not just their academic achievements. We expect that this will be central to your professional and personal values.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward thinking school, which has the wellbeing of its pupils at the heart of its ethos. South Street is very much a community school so there would be an expectation for the successful candidate to make a considerable contribution to the wider school life.
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective and talented class teacher on a temporary contract until the post holder returns from maternity leave who:
• Is creative and inspiring in their teaching;
• Has high expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour;
• Has a clear understanding of what constitutes excellent teaching and learning;
• Is flexible and can work collaboratively within a highly effective team;
• A clear understanding of how children are motivated and learn effectively;
• Is a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
• Is enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated;
• Has the ability to maintain and strengthen strong parental and community links..
If you are successful, you will join a professional and dedicated team in a happy, hardworking school with children who need your expertise to help them be the ‘Very Best They Can Be’.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
If successful you will have to apply for an enhanced Disclosure.
Online Application only from www.gateshead.gov.uk.
Please supply an email address for each of your referees as all references will be taken up prior to interview
Closing date 12 noon Firday 25th September 2020
Interview will take place on Friday 9th October 2020
This job is closed for applications.