Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£24,373 – £40,490 (MPS1 – UPS3 and SEN allowance £2,209)
Schools - Teaching
Required: January 2021
Salary: £24,373 – £40,490 (MPS1 – UPS3 and SEN allowance £2,209) Pending the national agreed pay award for 2020-21
Hours: Full time
Reporting to: Head of Academy
Pennyman Primary Academy is seeking to appoint a committed and passionate SEND teacher as part of Tees Valley Education Trust. This teaching position will be to work with Y1 and Y2 children in the first instance in our SEND Unit provision that has been rated outstanding by Ofsted four times. For the right candidate, there is the potential of contributing to trust outreach and SEND support work as a Specialist Leader in Education. You will be contributing to and participating in the team working ethos of the provision whilst maintaining its core values by:
• planning and delivering the teaching programme for all pupils within the class in relation to the EYFS and National Curriculum, providing clear structures for learning activities and for sequences which both motivate and challenge;
• setting clear academic and therapeutic targets, working closely with other professionals;
• setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
• making effective use of a variety of SEND assessment information on pupils’ progress;
• maintaining good order and discipline in accordance with the academy’s procedures and individual pupil needs; and
• contributing to the whole academy’s planning activities and operating at all times within the academy stated policies and practices.
There will be the opportunity as the trust grows for promotion and leadership opportunities. We are looking for people who have Qualified Teacher Status as well as a Degree or relevant qualification and experience. The successful candidate must have a demonstrable understanding of and impact upon Assessment for Learning (AfL) as well as knowledge of the current national frameworks and developments in SEND. It is essential that the successful candidate has experience of working with children with SEND.
Tees Valley Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Applications are invited from prospective candidates who are able to demonstrate that they are able to meet the essential criteria set out in the person specification and who have the vision, values and tenacity to join an outstanding team and help continue the journey towards excellence.
Visits are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by appointment with the Pennyman main office on the following dates:
Thursday 17th September at 3.30pm
Wednesday 23rd September at 4.00pm
Monday 28th September at 3.30pm