Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 19/10/2020 12:00
£46,457 to £51,311 pa (L6 to L10)
Schools - Teaching
St James’ RC VA Primary School, Solway Road, Hebburn
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle
In partnership with South Tyneside Council
(St James’ RC VA Primary School, Solway Road, Hebburn, NE31 2BP)
£46,457 to £51,311 pa (L6 to L10)
Numbers on roll: 211
Required from January 2021 or as soon as possible after this date
The Governing Body of St James’ RC Primary School would like to appoint a highly motivated Deputy Head Teacher to join our dedicated and committed team.
Pupils are very proud of their school and recognise that it is special place to learn, declaring that ‘We are surrounded by God’s unconditional love and we breathe our faith in each day’ – Section 48, Dec 2017.
There is a tangible atmosphere of care and consideration for one another. Ofsted, Feb 2017.
Our children want a Deputy Head Teacher who:
• is kind and caring
• listens to them
• enjoys being with them and has a sense of humour
• has good ideas for making learning 'fun'.
Our Staff think you should be:
• inspirational and effective as a class teacher
• cheerful and enthusiastic
• sensitive and supportive
• interested in developing the talents and skills of all at St James’ School.
Our Governors want someone who:
• is a practising Catholic who has a clear vision for a highly effective and successful
• will provide excellent leadership support for our Head Teacher
• can build strong partnerships with parents, our Parish and the school community
• is able to make a difference to all our children.
We can offer you:
• a Christ-centred community
• happy, well behaved children
• an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated staff
• a well-resourced and attractive working environment
• very supportive parents
• a highly committed and active Governing Body
• guaranteed leadership development.
Informal visits to the school are welcome, to make an appointment please contact Mrs Franklin in the school office on (0191) 483 2672. Further information about the school can be found on our school website www.stjameshebburn.co.uk
Deadline for applications: Noon, Monday 19th October 2020
Shortlisting: Tuesday 3rd November 2020
Shortlisted Candidates: Lesson Observations: W/C Monday 9th November 2020
Interviews: Thursday 19th November 2020
Applicants must use the Catholic Education Service (CES) Application Forms included in the pack. Please note late applications will not be accepted.
You will be an employee of the Board of Governors of the school.
The Governing Body, Diocese and South Tyneside Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Please may we ask you to submit your Application form via email to email@example.com where possible. We apologise but due to the circumstances there may be unavoidable delays in the receipt and processing of posted Application forms.
This job is closed for applications.