Temporary Teaching Assistant – Part Time (20 hours)
Term-time only (Temporary)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
North Park Primary School
Temporary Teaching Assistant – Part Time (20 hours) Required as Soon as Possible ( no later than January 2021 ) until 31 August 2021
Term time only plus 2 additional weeks
Grade 3 £18933 - £19698 pro rata
North Park Primary School is a caring and friendly school.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our successful team in Reception.
The post is part time (20 hours per week) and is temporary until July 2021. The role will be to offer support to children in Reception class and for 5 mornings, working from 8.30am to 12.30pm each day.
We require a teaching assistant who:
• Is caring, enthusiastic and committed to their role in supporting pupils
• Is able to work as part of a team and willing to contribute ideas and energy to the Reception setting
• Has experience of supporting pupils in their learning and contributing to observational assessment
• Is flexible and adaptable to the demands of the role
• Is able to manage the behaviour and pastoral needs of pupils
• Has excellent organisation and communications skills
• Is able to support the class teacher to help develop learning in the foundation stage, with an understanding of child development
Our school can offer you:
• A thriving, well-resourced and attractive learning environment
• Friendly, enthusiastic children
• A dedicated, supportive and welcoming staff team
• Opportunities for professional development and support
For further information you are welcome to contact school; visits would need to be arranged for after school, due to the current restrictions.
This post is not open to job share.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All School Posts are subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure
Closing date: Wednesday 21st October 2020 at 12 noon
We anticipate the interview will take place virtually on Wednesday 4th November 2020.
North Park Primary School
Tel: 01388 815943