Part Time Teaching Assistant (1:1 support)
Term-time only (Temporary)
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,562 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Easington Church of England Primary School
Part Time Teaching Assistant (1:1 support)
Grade 3 £18,562 - £19,698 pro rata
Fixed Term from Monday 16th November 2020 (or ASAP after that depending if notice is to be given) until Friday 16th July 2021
Easington C of E is a highly regarded school that prides itself on having a warm and welcoming ‘family’ atmosphere.
The Governors of Easington C of E Primary School wish to appoint an enthusiastic and caring SEND Teaching Assistant to join this unique and special primary school. The post is to provide 1:1 support for a child with additional needs who has additional funding from the 1st September 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team aiming for excellence in all areas of school life.
We require an experienced SEND Teaching Assistant who is able to provide exciting and stimulating learning opportunities and to support a child throughout all aspects of their school life. Applicants must be committed to further enhancing the very high standards, which already exist in the school.
The successful candidate will also be expected to make a valuable contribution to whole school development and to enriching the experiences of all our pupils.
Our children love learning in our fully inclusive and friendly school. A willingness to contribute to the full life of the school and promote the Christian values, ethos and vision of the school is essential.
The successful candidate will:
• Monitor and record pupil progress and developmental needs.
• Produce relevant classroom resources.
• Undertake classroom administrative tasks including the maintenance of records.
• Assist in pupil supervision and assist in the management of pupil behaviour.
• Provide information to the class teacher to assist in the planning of work programmes.
• Share the ethos and values of our school community
• Assist in providing an atmosphere in which effective learning can take place.
• Support the promotion of positive relationships with parents, carers and outside agencies.
• Work within school policies and procedures.
• Attend staff training as appropriate.
• Take care for their own and other people's health and safety.
• Be aware of the confidential nature of issues related to home/pupil/teacher/school work.
• Be able to work as part of a team and foster positive relationships with staff, pupils, parents and governors.
• Be prepared to make a valuable contribution to Easington C of E with a desire to be involved in all aspects of school life
In return, we offer the opportunity to work alongside our wonderful, enthusiastic children and a team of professional, supportive staff committed to school improvement; and a supportive Governing Body.
Under normal circumstances we would warmly welcome visits to see our school, meet the children and staff and talk to the Head teacher. However, at this time, please can we request that candidates contact our school office to speak with the Head Teacher if you require any further information or clarification.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Application forms and post information are available from the school office or by email, send your request to Mr. John Appleby, Head Teacher.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS check.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
This post is not open to job share.
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment and Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CVs. Any information provided on CVs will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required
Closing date: Wednesday 21st October 2020
Interview date: Thursday 5th November 2020
Easington Church of England Primary
Tel: 0191 5270259