Temporary Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/10/2020 23:59
£18,562 - £18,933 pro rata
Schools - Support
Blackhall Primary School
Teaching Assistant for 2 Year Olds Required as Soon as Possible
Temporary until 18th December 2020 at the earliest ( to be reviewed )
Salary: Grade 2 £18,562- £18,933 Pro-rata
The Head Teacher is seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic teaching assistant to work predominantly in our 2 year old setting. We are looking for a compassionate individual who is committed and can adapt to the individual needs of the child and the school.
We are dedicated to providing high quality support to our children to make sure they make progress. We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who:
• Has a flexible approach and ability to work as part of a team.
• Is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life.
• Has the ability to think on their feet and use their initiative.
• Is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work.
• Has a commitment to professional development and the skills to engage positively with practitioners, parents/carers and families.
Where our roles are customer facing and you are required to speak to members of the public, the ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Closing date: Friday 23rd October 2020
Interview date: TBC
Blackhall Primary School
Tel: 0191 5864049
This job is closed for applications.