Clerical Assistant - Level 1 (Maternity Cover)
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 20/10/2020 11:59
Salary: £17,842 – £18,198 (£14,934 - £15,232 pro rata)
Schools - Support
St Mary's RC First School
The governors of St Mary’s First School and St Joseph’s RC Middle School are seeking to appoint a clerical assistant to work in our St Mary’s First School Reception reception office.
St Mary’s First School is a one form entry first school with 105 pupils currently on roll and St Joseph’s RC Middle School is a three form entry middle school with 336 pupils currently on roll. The schools are located in Hexham. St Mary’s and St Joseph’s are warm welcoming schools, pupils’ behaviour is exemplary and all staff are committed to ensuring the highest standards possible are achieved for the pupils. The Senior Leadership Team is committed to on-going professional development for all staff.
These good schools benefit from an experienced, talented and energetic staff team. We will offer:
- supportive governors and parents, polite, well-mannered children and committed, energetic and imaginative work colleagues;
- opportunities for Continuing Professional Development.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
The successful applicant will:
- work under the direction of the Federation Office Manager and senior admin assistants to support staff, parents and pupils.
- be part of a welcoming and supportive team of staff, parents and governors; gain the opportunity to join schools with a culture of continuous improvement;
- have high expectations for self, pupils and others;
- have opportunities to access continuous professional development;
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to relate well to children and adults;
- have good numeracy and literacy skills;
- have general experience of clerical and admin work;
- have good keyboard/computer skills;
- have a commitment to working within a team;
Closing Date: Noon Tuesday 20th October 2020
Interviews: 23rd October 2020 (provisional)
This job is closed for applications.