Catering Manager - School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/10/2020 11:59
Band 3 point 5 - 6 £19,312 - 19,698 (£10,088 – £10,290 pro rata based on 22.5 hours per week)
Schools - Support
Prudhoe Castle First School
Prudhoe Castle First School is a small and inclusive school in semi-rural location. We have enthusiastic and friendly children; dedicated and hardworking staff, a supportive governing body and parents. Further information about school can be found on our website www.prudhoe.eschools.co.uk
Our governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Unit Manager to join their very successful team from January 2021 or earlier if possible.
You will be required to:
- Prepare, cook and serve food following agreed menus and accommodating any special dietary requirements .
- Clean the kitchen, surrounding area and equipment at the end of each day.
- Set up and clear away equipment, tables and chairs.
- Wash and tidy away dishes.
- Ensure you are compliant with hygiene, health and safety regulations.
- Ensure stock is ordered, received and stored safely
The successful candidate must:
- have a basic food hygiene certificate
- knowledge of health and safety regulations
- have ability to organise self and work without supervision
- have recent and relevant experience of working in a school kitchen
- have confidence in their own literacy and numeracy skills;
- have a sense of humour.
The working pattern will be:
Monday to Friday - 9am to 1.30pm.
You will be paid an extra five days across the year to cover deep cleaning time during training days and holidays.
Closing Date: Friday 23rd October 12 noon
Interview Date: Monday 2nd November 2020
Start Date: Monday 9th November (or as soon as possible after this date)
An application pack, including an application form, is available via the link on the school website and through https://www.northeastjobs.org.uk/
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
This job is closed for applications.