Headteacher - Barndale House School
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£56,434 - £65,384
Residential allowance (£9,228)
Schools - Teaching
Barndale House School
Barndale House School, Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66 1DQ
Group 2, 2-19 Special School of approximately 37 pupils
Individual School Range L15 – L21 (£56,434 - £65,384 + residential allowance per annum)
Required from January 2021
The governors of Barndale House school are seeking to appoint an exceptional and committed Head Teacher from September 2019 with vision and inspiration to continue our journey of improvement. We are very proud of our "Good" Ofsted rating July 2015 for our school and good rating for January 2019 for our residential provision. We have high aspirations and expectations to move to outstanding to achieve the best outcomes for our pupils.
Barndale House is an all age special school for pupils age 2-19 years with a residential provision for pupils with learning difficulties. We are located in Alnwick in Northumberland and we receive pupils from across Northumberland county. Our curriculum ensures that our children, who come from a wide range of backgrounds, have exceptional opportunities to excel and access exciting opportunities beyond school to develop their physical, social and emotional well-being.
Our new Headteacher will:
• Be approachable, reflective, forward thinking, have high expectations and the ability to ensure positive outcomes for our pupils
• Have passion, enthusiasm and commitment to inspire our pupils and the wider community of Alnwick so our pupils reach their full potential
• Be a strong leader and manager who further inspires all staff of the school to flourish in their roles and to help pupils be the best they can be.
• Show evidence of sustained high-quality teaching.
• Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
• Have the ability to develop strong relationships with parents, governors, external agencies and the community to achieve excellence for the school and have high aspirations for all.
Our school has:
• A dedicated and committed team totally committed to working with pupils with learning difficulties.
• Excellent facilities to promote careers and work beyond school
• Parents and governors who have high regard for the school.
• Dedicated, highly skilled, enthusiastic, caring and friendly staff.
• An amazing location in the heart of historic Alnwick.
• Excellent residential facilities that help pupils thrive educationally, independently and socially.
• Excellent opportunities to promote careers and work beyond school.
Informal visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school Office Manager Sally on 01665 602541 to make an appointment. For an informal discussion about the post please contact Ann Muxworthy 07776205385
The closing date for applications is Midday 30th October 2020
Shortlisting is week of 2 November 2020
Interviews will be week of 16th November 2020
Application forms can be requested from Barndale School. Please ring the school office. Please ensure you supply an email address for each of your referees. Forms should be returned as a Word document.
Northumberland Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will require an Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.