Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£47,735 to £52,723 pa (Depending on the experience of the successful candidate)
Hours per week:
Full time as in accordance with the Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document
Schools - Teaching
St Lawrences RC Primary School, Headlam Street, Newcastle upon Tyne NE6 2JX
This is a Voluntary Aided School; the employer will be the Governing body of the School
St Lawrence's RC Primary School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Required January 2021
The Governing Body are seeking to appoint an inspirational, highly motivated and committed Deputy Headteacher who is an outstanding teacher and can make a significant contribution to the leadership and management of our school.
Governors are seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher who:
• Is a practising Catholic committed to the ethos and vision of Catholic Education.
• Has a passion for learning and is an outstanding and inspirational teacher with high expectations of children’s learning and behaviour.
• Has the leadership qualities and experience needed to work with the Headteacher in order to inspire, challenge and encourage staff to achieve the best outcomes for pupils.
• Has a proven track record of driving and sustaining school improvement.
• Is committed to developing collaborative partnerships with Parents, Governors, the parish and the wider community.
We can offer:
• Happy, confident and motivated children who embrace new challenges.
• A continuously improving, outward looking and forward thinking school.
• A strong Catholic ethos where all are valued.
• A friendly, committed staff and engaging staff who are open to new ideas.
• An active and supportive Governing Body.
• A commitment to continuous Professional Development.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be made by contacting Mrs McLoughlin, the School Office Manager, to arrange an appointment. Application packs are available from Mrs McLoughlin via the school, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and to download from our school website: www.stlawrencesprimary.org.uk. Applications by email only. All paperwork submitted by e-mail must be signed on interview day.
The Governing Body of St Lawrence’s Catholic Primary School and the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. An offer of employment would be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks.
St Lawrence’s has formally adopted the Diocesan Model Statement on Equal Opportunities to ensure that we assess the best candidate against the criteria provided and do not discriminate on grounds of age, sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin or disability.
Closing date for applications: Monday 2 November 2020 at 12.00pm.
Shortlisting will be held on: Friday 6 November 2020 at 3.30pm
Lesson Observation will take place: Week of Monday 9 November 2020.
Formal Interviews will take place on: Wednesday 18 November 2020.