Housekeeping and Janitorial Administration Apprentice
Please See Advert Text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 26/11/2020 23:59
4.15 per hour apprentice wage
Base South Hylton House and various units
21 month Apprenticeship
Sunderland City Council has a strong commitment to apprentices and training and as a successful Housekeeping and Janitorial Administration Apprentice, you will be provided with unparalleled support throughout the duration of your programme. You will develop the skills you need for the job by working alongside your Housekeeping and Janitorial Services Supervisory colleagues and getting hands on experience.
You will work together with the Housekeeping and Janitorial Services Supervisors and the Housekeeping and Janitorial Services Manager, to optimize cleanliness and hygiene across schools, work places and public buildings across the City of Sunderland.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Support the Housekeeping Janitorial Services supervisory team to ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene is maintained on school premises, work places and public buildings across the City.
• To become knowledgeable around employee requirements concerning PPE, COSHH, health and safety risk assessments; to understand the principles of H&S management procedures.
• To support the Housekeeping and Janitorial Services supervisory team to ensure routine and non-routine specified tasks are carried out by employees to prescribed standards as instructed by the Housekeeping and Janitorial Services Supervisor or Manager.
• Act as a first point of contact for customer issues, requests and concerns and escalate these as appropriate to supervisory colleagues.
• Collaborate and co-operate with colleagues to deliver a customer focused service.
As a Housekeeping and Janitorial Administration Apprentice, you will undertake the Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship and you will be required to attend Sunderland College for up to 1 day per week. You will be supported through the apprenticeship by a College assessor and you will also receive regular mentoring in the workplace from your supervisor and team.
To be successful in this role you will need to be organised, able to plan and prioritise and be a real problem solver. As well as excellent IT skills, you will be someone who is thorough and organised in your working approach and be comfortable in dealing with multiple tasks and projects at once.
You will have a number of customers, both internal and external - so your ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbally) is vital in keeping customers happy. You'll be required to build strong relationships with a variety of customers so an ability to build rapport is important.
Prior experience is not necessary to apply for this role but ideally candidates will have 4 GCSE’s at Grades 9 – 4 / A – C including Maths, English and ICT. Candidates who hold an equivalent and relevant qualification are also invited to apply. If you do not have the required qualification, you will be assessed by the training provider to determine if you have the required skills, knowledge, and behaviours to complete the apprenticeship successfully.
What else do you need to know?
• It is essential that you are able to travel to South Hylton House, Hylton Bank, Sunderland, and arrive on time for work. The Housekeeping and Janitorial Services team are currently agile working as part of social distancing measures, so an element of your work will be undertaken from home until such measures are lifted.
Why Housekeeping and Janitorial Services?
You will undertake and support meaningful and vital work – the recent months have clearly demonstrated the need for high quality housekeeping and janitorial services. You will provide vital support to internal and external customers of Sunderland City Council by supporting service delivery. You will find yourself working with a variety of highly motivated, supportive and experienced colleagues, in an environment where no two days are the same.
This post is exempt from the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
for an informal discussion please contact Paula Donkin on 0191 561 4582 mobile
Applications should be made on-line at northeastjobs.org.uk/sunderlandcitycouncil. For further assistance contact Operational HR Services by Telephone: 0191 561 1755 . Email: email@example.com Please note that CV’s are not acceptable.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered online with North East Jobs, including your invitation to any online assessment you are required to undertake and your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notifications as you may not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk mail items.
Please be advised if you have not heard from us in six weeks after the closing date please assume you have not been shortlisted.
This job is closed for applications.