Waste Services Co-ordinator
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/11/2020 12:00
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Middlefields, South Shields
Waste Services Co-ordinator
(Middlefields, South Shields)
Hours of Work: 37 hpw, Tuesday to Friday
South Tyneside Council Waste Services is based in South Shields, Tyne and Wear. We are currently undergoing huge transformation to deliver an efficient and effective Waste Service for the Borough. You will be part of a new team and will support the planning and daily operation of the Service.
You will have experience of working within an administrative environment, preferably within either a Waste Services or frontline customer service environment. You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with strong computer skills in systems such as Microsoft Office. You will be experienced in setting up administrative processes from scratch and maintaining information accurately. You will have excellent numeracy/literacy skills and the ability to manipulate date and produce reports.
You will be responsible for delivering a high quality, customer focused service. You will:
• Provide excellent professional admin support that is highly valued by our team, residents (and also trade customers when necessary).
• Deal efficiently with complaints and correspondence, ensuring urgent matters are promptly referred and dealt with, including preparing responses and replying as appropriate.
• Undertake routine admin duties which will include contacting members of the public via email and telephone to resolve queries.
• Process requests for annual leave and ensure that records are kept up to date and accurate at all times.
• Process and maintain accurate records.
• Assist with sickness record keeping and personal data maintenance.
• Maintain PPE stock control and order supplies as and when necessary.
• Assist with any ad-hoc tasks such as updating of beat lists, entering information onto the internal systems, scanning documentation, maintaining clocking in and out system etc.
• Assist members of Waste Services with specific duties as and when required.
• Company Pension Scheme;
• Flexi Scheme;
• Sick Pay;
• 25 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service;
• On Site Parking.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit www.southtyneside.gov.uk alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (0191) 455 4968. BT Typetalkers welcome.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 23 November 2020.
Please may we ask you to submit your Application Form via email to email@example.com where possible. We apologise but due to the circumstances there may be unavoidable delays in the receipt and processing of posted Application Forms.
This job is closed for applications.