Temporary 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Temporary)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
Schools - Support
Burnside Primary School
Temporary 1:1 Teaching Assistant Required from 4th January 2021 until 16th July 2021
Grade 3 £18,933 - £19,698 pro rata
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, self-motivated and highly committed 1:1 Teaching Assistant to work within our school. The successful candidate will work in Year 1 and will work under the direction of our SENCO and the Class Teacher.
The successful applicant must have:
• Excellent standards of Numeracy and Literacy
• Recent experience of working with SEN pupils
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
• Team player qualities
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of child development
Key responsibilities will include:
• Supporting pupils 1:1
• Liasing with the class teacher and SNECO about IEPs and support plans
• Clarifying and explaining instructions
• Motivating and encouraging pupils to be the best they can be
• Adapting resources to suit the needs of individuals
• Preparing activities
• To support pupils in using specialist equipment where needed
• Working within school policies and risk assessments
This post is not open to job share.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Closing date: 1st December 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 8th December. Please note references will be requested prior to interview.
Burnside Primary School
Tel: 01207 234020