Social Workers / Senior Social Workers - Families First Service
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 22/11/2020 23:59
£28,672 - £32,234 (pre-progression) / £33,782 - £37,890 (post-progression), plus £2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance (reviewed annually) which is paid to Social Workers post-ASYE only.
Social Care - Children Service
An approved location within County Durham.
Children and Young Peoples Services, Families First Service
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/20/28O
Social Workers / Senior Social Workers posts available (ASYE completion required)
We are recruiting Social Workers / Senior Social Workers who have completed their ASYE year in practice to work in our Families First Service, where you will work with our most vulnerable children, young people and families. Your expertise will support families, help keep children safe and enable them both to thrive. There are posts available in teams across County Durham, however you may be required to work at any locality to meet service need changes.
You will be joining us as we embed Signs of Safety as our model of practice, and after our implementation of LiquidLogic as our case recording system.
Our Families First teams are statutory teams responsible for children and young people from the point of referral to the point of permanence. In these teams you will complete single assessments, work with children on a Child in Need basis, undertake Child Protection Work and enquiries under Section 47, as well as Public and Private Law.
The following principles will guide your work:
• Ensuring the child is central to your work (see the attached document for more about what our children and young people want).
• Providing help at the earliest opportunity.
• Supporting and promoting community resilience through the provision of locally delivered services in local communities which make sense to families.
• Delivering evidence-based interventions with a focus on safe escalation and de-escalation of cases.
In Durham you will benefit from:
• A senior leadership team that listens and cares about you and your work.
• Excellent opportunities for career progression, whether you are a newly qualified social worker completing your assessed and supported year in employment with the support of our Social Work Academy, or a more experienced social worker/senior social worker looking to broaden your experience or step into management.
• A clear professional development offer, supported by a commitment to offering you 5 days a year to spend in continuous professional development (CPD), and opportunities to access specialist training.
• A culture of high expectations, high challenge and high support.
• A culture which takes pride in, and actively celebrates social work.
You can read more about these, and other benefits of working in Durham in the attached document.
• Grade 9 Social Worker £28,672 - £32,234 (pre-progression)
• Grade 11 Senior Social Worker £33,782 - £37,890 (post-progression)
Plus £2,500 lump sum recruitment and retention allowance (reviewed annually) in Families First Teams which is paid to Social Workers post-ASYE only.
Part-time hours and flexible working arrangements may be considered subject to service needs. Please note the above allowance is pro-rata for part-time working.
The base for the post will be an approved location within County Durham. However, you may be required to work at any locality as per service need.
Removal, lodging and separation expenses may be available to the successful candidate if at the time of application for appointment their place of residence is outside the administrative area of County Durham and in excess of 30 miles in a straight line from the their new administrative centre, along with a number of other criteria for eligibility.
For an informal discussion about the posts please contact Julie Todd, Team Manager by email to Julie.Todd@durham.gov.uk
Interviews will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Required qualifications: Degree in social work or equivalent social work qualification, e.g. Post Graduate Diploma in Social Work (PDDipSW) Certificate of Qualification in Social Work (CQSW), Diploma in Social Work (DipSW), Certificate in Social Services (CSS) & current Social Work England Registration.
The successful applicants for these posts will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact Payroll and Employee Services via email NEJ@durham.gov.uk or PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.