Full time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£ MPS – UPS FTE 1.0
Schools - Teaching
Berwick upon Tweed
Teacher of Physical Education & PE Coordinator (TLR2a)
MPS – UPS FTE 1.0
Required from 1 January 2021 or as soon as possible
Berwick Academy is looking to appoint an inspirational PE Teacher with responsibilities for coordination of department. Applications are welcome from early career and experienced teachers (Male or Female).
Berwick Academy is located midway between Edinburgh and Newcastle on the east coast mainline and serves the beautiful coastal community of Berwick upon Tweed in north Northumberland. We are a co-educational academy for pupils aged 13-18, with 500 pupils approx.
The PE Coordinator will support the Director of Learning to coordinate and direct the deployment of a small team of PE subject specialists to ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning, with the aim of maximising student achievement/attainment.
We can offer:
• Excellent support with a strong emphasis on CPD
• The chance to join a developing department
• A friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people
• A skilled and supportive middle leadership team
Ideally you will be:
• An enthusiastic and committed teacher with vision, drive and commitment
• Have the skills to make a significant impact on raising the quality of teaching and learning
• Proficient in planning, assessment and target setting so that all students make good progress
• Able to inspire and motivate
• Hold a relevant teaching qualification and QTS
• An enthusiastic and dynamic PE teacher with a commitment to academic excellence
• Able to teach KS3 – KS5 PE curriculum (including BTEC)
• Able to demonstrate thorough lesson planning, enthusiastic delivery and detailed assessment
• Ability to offer an additional curricular subject would be an advantage
PE Coordinator (TLR) - To be responsible for the PE curriculum and development with leadership support from the Director of Learning. To coordinate any sporting activities for students across the whole school; this will include promoting and coordinating healthy school themes.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Further information about the school can be found on our website: www.berwickacademy.co.uk
Application and person specification is available on school website. Please send completed application to Fiona Hall, Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon 30th November 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 7th December 2020