Learning Support Assistant
Term-time only (Permanent)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£19,312 – 20,493 (fte to be pro rata)
Schools - Support
Newcastle upon Tyne
Learning Support Assistant
Walbottle Academy is an inclusive school which is committed to enhancing student outcomes and life chances.
In September 2020 we academised and joined the NET family of schools. This is an exciting time for our academy, and we seek to appoint staff who share our passion and vision for our young people and want to be part of our journey.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting learning through the use of data, strategic intervention and monitoring in order to maximise student attainment. You will also work closely with children who have barriers to their learning such as attendance and behaviour for learning.
We can offer you an excellent opportunity for career progression both within the Academy and the Trust as well as a supportive professional environment with an ambitious leadership team and a clear vision for the academy.
We constantly focus on standards as we understand outcomes are paramount. Our decision making is driven entirely by what is best for children. By doing this we enhance the life chances of the children and young people in our care.
The 10 values which underpin our vision:
1. We care passionately about the education and welfare of young people
2. We believe that all young people, irrespective of background or ability will be successful in our Trust
3. We are not and will never be selective. We believe that local schools are for all children
4. We are always inclusive. Our mechanisms to support the most vulnerable child to succeed and overcome barriers to learning are a key aspect of our work
5. Our approach to education recognises that outcomes are paramount and also allows children to gain experiences and values which prepare them fully for life in modern Britain. This includes workplace skills and appropriate advice for future progression
6. We have high expectations of behaviour
7. We adopt the local authority admissions protocol and work closely with them
8. We would always wish to act in such a way that has a positive effect on a neighbouring school or community. We care passionately about children in all schools, not just our own
9. That all employees act with integrity and embrace the value that ‘we are the Trust’
10. We work regionally and nationally to develop approaches to MAT improvement that influence the wider school-led system
Please return completed application forms to wba: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact Sophie Martin, on telephone number 0191 2678221 Ex292 or email email@example.com
Walbottle Academy is committed to Safer Recruitment. Pre-Employment Checks will be undertaken prior to appointments being confirmed. Positions are subject to Enhanced DBS Checks. We expect all adults who work in our academy to share our commitment to Safeguarding and the Health and Well-Being of our Students.