Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 23/11/2020 23:59
Grade 9 £28,672 - £32,234
An approved team location
Children and Young Poeple's Service
Grade 9 £28,672 - £32,234
We are seeking to appoint a SEND Caseworker to join the team responsible for facilitating the statutory responsibilities of the Local Authority to ensure all children and young people with special educational needs are able to access the best possible education provision, experience positive progress and achievement, reach good educational outcomes and are prepared for adulthood.
The central responsibilities of the post holder will be to:
* Facilitate the statutory assessment processes for children and young people with a key focus on Children and Young People aged 16-25
* Produce high quality Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP) to support the identified special educational needs for individual children and young people
* Co-ordinate appropriate Post-16 Pathways for young people with an EHCP
* Monitor the effective use of Post-16 funding allocated for individual young people
* To ensure preparation for adulthood outcomes are integral in EHCP statutory processes for young people added 16-25, to ensure education and training prepare them for independence
* Liaise with other services to ensure continued provision into adult services where appropriate
The post is based in the SEND Casework Team offices at Broom Cottages Primary School, Ferryhill, County Durham. The postholder will work from and across venues within County Durham and, at times, the North East region.
You will have:
* Qualification at degree level or equivalent
* A good understanding of special educational needs and statutory processes to support needs
* Experience of working with young people to support their post-16 decision making
* Experience of working with families and/or other professionals to meet the needs of children and/or young people
* Experience of collaborative working with a range of Post-16 partners and education providers including; schools, colleges, health and social care professionals
For further information please contact:
Sam Black, SEND Casework Team Leader email: Samantha.Black@durham.gov.uk or call: 03000 267058/07825 422489
Clive Horton, SEND Casework Team Manager email: email@example.com or
call: 03000 267800/07717 815200
It is expected that interviews will take place week commencing 30th November 2020.
As a disability confident employer, we are committed to employing disabled people and people with health conditions making reasonable adjustments to support disabled applicants when required.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the Payroll & Employee Services Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.
This job is closed for applications.