Catering Unit Manager - Acomb First School
Part time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 25/11/2020 23:59
Schools - Support
Acomb First School
Our governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Catering Unit Manager to join their very successful team from January 2021
This is an exciting opportunity to provide outstanding school meals and help to shape the health and well-being of our children.
You will be required to:
- Prepare, cook and serve food following agreed menus and accommodating any special dietary requirements .
- Clean the kitchen, surrounding area and equipment at the end of each day.
- Ensure you are compliant with hygiene, health and safety regulations.
- Ensure stock is ordered, received and stored safely
The successful candidate must:
-have a basic food hygiene certificate.
-knowledge of health and safety regulations.
-have ability to organise self and work without supervision.
-have recent and relevant experience of working in a school kitchen.
-have confidence in their own literacy and numeracy skills.
-be a good team member.
-show a passionate interest in cooking and developing menus.
- have a very good knowledge of the nutritional standards which apply to schools.
- be keen to develop children’s interest in eating a balanced and healthy diet.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
An application pack, including an application form, is available to download below.
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school by midday Wednesday 25th November 2020 via e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 25th November 2020
Interview date: TBC
Start date: 25th January 2021
School Name: Acomb First School
Full address: Main Street, Acomb, Hexham, Northumberland,
Postcode: NE46 4PL
Tel.: 01434 603870
Website address: http://www.acomb.northumberland.sch.uk
This job is closed for applications.