Enhanced Teaching Assistant
Term-time only (Permanent)
Full time - term time plus specified days
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/11/2020 12:00
£20,092 - £22,183 pro rata
Schools - Support
Pelton Community Primary School
Permanent Enhanced Teaching Assistant Required from January 2021
37 hours a week term-time only plus 2 additional weeks
Grade 5 £20,092 - £22,183 pro rata
The Headteacher and Governors of the Beamish and Pelton Federation of Schools wish to appoint a suitably qualified, enthusiastic and nurturing teaching assistant to join our successful team.
This position will initially be based at the larger of our two schools, Pelton Community Primary.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a creative, forward thinking team.
• be committed to improving opportunities for all pupils, including those with Special Educational Needs
• be passionate about ensuring children learn, have fun and succeed
• be friendly, compassionate and enthusiastic team members
• be committed to professional development
The Beamish and Pelton Federation of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
This post is not open to job share.
Application forms are available from the school office and must be returned by noon on 24th November 20220. Interviews will take place on 2nd December 2020.
Pelton Community Primary
Tel: 0191 3700260
This job is closed for applications.