Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Starting grade dependent on relevant skills & experience - Grade 2 –SCP (05 -06) £19,312 - £19,698 Grade 4 –SCP (12 -17) £22,183 - £24,491 Grade 6 – SCP (22 – 25) £27,041 - £29,577
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Anywhere within Sunderland Area.Initially based at Jack Crawford House & Working from Home
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the following post within the City Development Directorate.
The Infrastructure & Commercial section requires a suitably qualified Technician to assist in the delivery of a range of projects, primarily Highways Team working on various size infrastructure projects
Applicants must be self-motivated and have a flexible approach to working arrangements and will have suitable experience and operational knowledge.
The main areas of responsibilities of the post include:
• To contribute to the Infrastructure and Commercial Highways Team in the day to day handling of correspondence and documentation associated with relevant schemes.
• To produce drawings, contract documents, letters, certificates and other documentation relating to specific schemes.
• Production of drawings using AutoCAD
• To work in partnership with other Sections and Directorates of the Council and external organisations. Assisting in dealing with queries and representatives from the general public, Council Members, the press and others.
• To assist and provide advice to operatives and developers in relation to Council construction standards.
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Ken Heads via e-mail Ken.Heads@Sunderland.gov.uk or Stephen Dixon on 07387258465 or Stephen.Dixon@Sunderland.gov.uk
Applications should be made on-line at northeastjobs.org.uk/sunderlandcitycouncil. For further assistance contact Operational HR Services by Telephone: 0191 561 1755 . Email: email@example.com Please note that CV’s are not acceptable.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered online with North East Jobs, including your invitation to any online assessment you are required to undertake and your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email inbox after the closing date for notifications as you may not be notified by any other means. Please remember to check your junk mail items.
Please be advised if you have not heard from us in six weeks after the closing date please assume you have not been shortlisted.