Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£36,922 - £40,876 per annum
Social Care - Children Service
One of the Service’s Children’s Homes which are located around County Durham
CYPS/20/306A, C2993, S047394
Children and Young Peoples Services
Looked After Children - Resources
Vacancy Reference No: CYPS/20/306A
Post title: Homes Manager – full time - permanent
Salary: £36,922 - £40,876 per annum, Grade 12
Job Locations: One of the Service’s Children’s Homes which are located around County Durham
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team as a Children’s Home Manager.
You will join us at a really exciting time as we expand our residential provision, developing homes which meet the individual needs of young people, and creating teams who are invested in, well supported and skilled in trauma based approaches to work alongside children and young people with a range of different needs.
We are looking for someone who:
• Puts children and young people at the centre of everything they do,
• Has proven people management skills within a residential setting,
• Has knowledge and understanding of the Children’s Homes Regulations 2015 and experience of Ofsted inspections,
• Holds the level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent), or can commit to attaining it within 1 year of commencing in post.
As the largest local authority in the North East, and with a growing number of Children’s Homes this is a great place to work with young people. You will benefit from:
• A contributory career average salary pension scheme, car salary sacrifice scheme, interest-free travel loans and discounted gym membership,
• Excellent opportunities for career progression,
• A strong professional development offer,
• Holiday - 26 days holiday per year, increasing to 31 after five years continuous Local Government service, with an option to purchase up to 10 additional days annual leave per year through our salary sacrifice scheme and up to 13 days flexi leave per year,
• Support for family life - Maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave, dependent leave for carers,
• Support when you need it - for example, physiotherapy, a strong wellbeing offer, confidential telephone counselling and Occupational Health service.
The successful applicant for this post will be required to apply for a Disclosure & Barring Service Enhanced Disclosure.
We encourage you to speak to Maureen Gaunt (Team Manager) about the post before submitting your application. Maureen can be contacted by telephone on 03000 262285 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
It is anticipated that Interviews will be held week commencing 14th December 2020.
Please note: this post is not open to job share.
Apply on-line or for further assistance contact the Payroll & Employee Services Team on Telephone: 03000 267247 (24hr answerphone). Email: PESCYPS@durham.gov.uk
In line with the County Council’s Recruitment & Selection Policy, please note that we are unable to accept CV’s. Any information provided on CV’s will not be considered for short-listing purposes.
Please note that all communication regarding your application for this post will be sent to the email address that you have registered with North East Jobs, including your invite to interview if you are short-listed. Please check your email after the closing date for notification from ‘DONOTREPLY@NORTHEASTJOBS.ORG.UK’ as you will not be notified by any other means.