Teaching Assistant (Level 4)
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£20,493 - £21,748 (FTE, Salary to be pro rata)
Schools - Support
Carlin How, Saltburn-by-the-Sea
Post: Teaching Assistant (Level 4)
Base: Whitecliffe Academy, Kilton Lane, Carlin How, TS13 4AD
Scale: SCP 8 - 11 (Subject to job evaluation)
Salary: £20,493 - £21,748 (FTE, Salary to be pro rata)
Contract: Fixed Term contract to 16/07/2021
Working: 20 hours per week
Closing Date: 27th November 2020
Northern Education Trust Whitecliffe Academy are now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated Level 4 Teaching Assistant.
The successful candidate will be able to complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision, for all pupils, including those who need particular help in overcoming barriers to learning.
Candidates will establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations, develop and implement individual education/ behaviour plans and promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom.
Whitecliffe Academy is part of Northern Education Trust, a nationally recognised and trusted academy sponsor with vast experience of school improvement and specialised experience in all aspects of education
The successful applicant should:
• Will work under the guidance of teaching/senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas and will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources. This may include providing support in addressing the needs of pupils who need particular help in overcoming barriers to learning. Staff may also supervise whole classes occasionally during the short-term absence of teachers. The primary focus will be to enhance pupils learning in accordance with the agreed policies.
• Be qualified and can show a commitment to their own learning
• Be able to offer a can do approach and be child centred
In return we can offer:
• Excellent support from the senior leadership team and Trust
• A busy, creative and dynamic school
• A well-resourced and supportive school environment
• Lively and enthusiastic children
We strongly recommend a visit and this can be arranged by contacting Carla McQuade (Receptionist) on
Completed applications should be emailed to our Business Manager, Sarah Smart at:
The Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts are subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks. We expect all adults to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our pupils.
Closing date: 27th November 2020
Shortlisting: 27th November 2020
Interviews: w/c 30th November 2020 – Candidates invited to interview will be notified in writing