Enhanced Teaching Assistants
Please See Advert Text
Please see advert text
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 27/11/2020 23:59
£21,748 - £24,491 pro rata
Hours per week:
Various - please see advert text
Schools - Support
Durham Trinity School & Sports College
Enhanced Teaching Assistants (SEN) Required from 1 January 2021
Grade 6 £21,748 - £24,491 (pro-rata)
10 posts available
The Governors are seeking to appoint 10 highly motivated, committed and experienced Enhanced Teaching Assistants who will play a key role in providing support for pupils with special educational needs. The successful candidates will support the Class Teacher in the delivery of education and welfare of pupils including administration of medication and leading lessons in the absence of the Class Teacher.
In the first instance these posts will be as follows, however, staff are moved around the school and in future years the successful candidate may be required to work in a different area of school.
• 3 x Full-time (1 x EYFS, 1 x 14-19 ASD, 1 x FEU)
• 3 x Monday & Tuesday (2 x sensory, 1 x KS3)
• 1 x Wednesday (KS3)
• 2 x Thursday & Friday (1 x KS3, 1 x KS4)
• 1 x Friday (KS3)
Please state on the application form which posts you are applying for. If you wish to apply for more than one of the part-time posts and wish to be considered for all please state this on the application form.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience in caring for children with special educational needs
• Demonstrates excellent behaviour management skills
• Is able to work as a part of a team, learning with and from other colleagues
• Enjoys working independently and with initiative
• Is able to work effectively with children either individually and in small groups to enable them to achieve their best
• Is highly organised and has good time management skills
• Is flexible, proactive and resourceful
• Demonstrates good English and Mathematics skills (GCSE Grade 9-4 (old grade A-C) or equivalent/higher
• Has a good knowledge of phonics
• Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Understands confidentiality and safeguarding procedures
An enhanced DBS check and pre-occupational health check are an essential part of the selection and recruitment process.
Durham County Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We want to develop a more diverse workforce and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Calculation of term time only plus two weeks’ pay
Term time only plus two additional weeks’ pay is calculated on the basis of the following:
• Number of ‘teaching’ weeks – 38 weeks; plus
• Public (bank) holidays – 1.6 weeks (8 days); plus
• Two additional weeks, inclusive of CPD – 2 weeks; plus
• Individual leave entitlement - 5.2 weeks (26 days) or 6.2 weeks (31 days)
Individual leave entitlement is calculated on the length of continuous service.
Employees with less than 5 years’ service will receive 26 days annual leave.
Employees with more than 5 years’ service will receive 31 days annual leave.
Calculation for employees with less than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 26 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 46.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Calculation for employees with more than 5 years’ service:
40 weeks (term time plus 2) + 31 days (annual leave) + 8 days (public holidays) = 47.8 weeks’ pay, to be paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Applicants with disabilities will be invited for interview if the essential job criteria are met.
Only fully completed Durham County Council Support Staff Application forms will be accepted and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 4 December 2020.
Application forms and further details are attached and completed application forms should be returned to Durham Trinity School & Sports College, Dunholme Close, Aykley Heads, Durham, DH1 5WB.
Closing date: Friday 27th November 2020
Interview date: 9-10 December 2020
Durham Trinity School & Sports College
Tel: (0191) 3864612
This job is closed for applications.