Teaching Assistant - Castletown Primary School
Part time - term time
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Schools - Support
Castletown Primary School
CASTLETOWN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Grange Road, Castletown, Sunderland, SRS 3EQ
Tel: 0191 5497777
Headteacher: Mrs J Lumsdon
Required for January 2021, or as soon as possible
TA position (20 hours per week) required to support SEN pupil
Salary - Grade 2 point 5
This will be a fixed term position, term time only, linked to an
increase in SEN funding and will cease on 31st’August 2021.
The Governors and Headteacher are seeking to appoint experienced, enthusiastic, reflective and highly committed practitioners to join this thriving, well established and successful school.
We can offer:-
• Friendly, well-behaved children who deserve the very best opportunities
• Supportive, hard-working colleagues and governors who care passionately
about our school and local community
• An excellent, well- resourced environment
We are looking for someone who has:-
• Recent and substantial experience of working with children in a school setting.
• Evidence and experience of working with SEN pupils.
• The ability to work alongside the class teacher to support children with
• The ability to adapt to working with different age groups
• Enthusiasm, motivation and a passion for working with children
• The ability to work and learn alongside other colleagues and contribute positively to effective working relationships in the school
• High expectations of themselves and pupils and act as an example in the
• The commitment to work alongside, and value and respect the contribution of parents and carers in the education of their children.
Application forms are available on receipt of a large stamped addressed envelope from the school office at the above address to whom they should be returned. Application forms can also be requested electronically by emailing Iindafinnon@castletownprimary.org.uk
The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subjected to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Castletown Primary School safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Closing date: Friday 4th December 2020
Shortlisting: Monday 7th December 2020
Interviews: Friday 11th December 2020