DBS736/20 Deputy Headteacher - Benton Dene School (Special)
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
£52,723.00 - £58,135.00 pa
Schools - Teaching
Benton Dene School (Special), Hailsham Avenue, Longbenton, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 8FD
Are you a confident and inspiring leader who is passionate about teaching and learning? We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Deputy Headteacher to join our experienced staff team and to lead on strategic areas alongside the Headteacher. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an exceptional candidate with senior leadership and teaching experience.
Benton Dene Special School is a primary special school for pupils with complex Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and a specialist provision for pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). We share our site with a mainstream primary school, in an integrated primary learning campus.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner, who has the ability to share, model and demonstrate the key characteristics of effective teaching and learning.
Leading positively, professionally and enthusiastically you will support the Headteacher in maintaining high standards across the school.
You will need to demonstrate a proven track record of outstanding teaching and will have experience of leading new initiatives at a whole school level. You will have an inclusive approach to education, high aspirations for all pupils, staff and the school and the ability to lead and inspire a team. You will be a reflective practitioner who is proactive and constantly seeks to improve provision and outcomes for all pupils.
Our new DHT will need to have:
• a positive “can do” attitude
• the desire to continue teaching
• inspiring and successful teaching and leadership experience
• commitment to school improvement and raising achievement for all
• skills to monitor, evaluate and report on standards of attainment, learning and an ability to impact on the practice of others
• experience of leading teams of staff
• be an innovative and strategic thinker with vision, ideas and strong ethics
• effective interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate the whole school community
We can offer:
• a creative, welcoming and supportive team
• enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils who are eager to learn
• hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
• a well informed and supportive Governing Body who are committed to the development of all staff
• supportive parents with high aspirations of children and our school.
We are unable to facilitate visits during the day but are happy to make alternative arrangements: prospective candidates are strongly advised to contact the Headteacher, Mrs Alison McAllister-Williams, for a discussion on 0191 643 2730.
The closing date for this post is 5pm Thursday 10th December 2020, shortlisting will take place the week beginning 14th December 2020. Interviews will be held on the week beginning 11th January 2021.